I used to think it was the other way around. When you feel better you do better. To think I was actually sitting around waiting to feel better before I did something about my situation.
Allow me to toot my own horn for a minute.
I started this wellness project on July 1st partly because I needed something to blog about for 100 days straight, and partly because I had suffered an emotional trauma that I needed to pull myself out of. This is ONLY day 13 and I am proud to report the following:
- As of this morning, I have lost 14lbs. When I started this project I tipped the scale at a whopping 350lbs. Today I weighed in at 336. Yes, I still have a long way to go but I am now 14 lbs. lighter than I was less than two weeks ago!
- My back feels A.MA.ZING!!! I can get through my whole day without it bothering me. Glory Hallelujah!!!!! It still hurts a smidge when I stand too long at the end of the day (ie: when I’m washing dishes), but that’s because of all of this weight. But not for long!!!
- I’m getting stronger and faster. When I first started walking I had to pray that I would get to the end of my walking route and back. Day one took me 55 minutes to complete 1.45 miles. Yesterday it only took me 30.19 minutes to walk the same route. Today took a little longer because I was tired (didn’t sleep well due to allergies) and the weather is a scorcher. But I still got it done!
- The smoothie cleanse has helped with my appetite. I’m not craving all kinds of decadent foods and I’m sure my taste buds are readjusting themselves to love the taste of salad and veggies.
- My skin is clearing from the terrible dryness I was experiencing just a few weeks ago.
- Today is my 13th straight day of blogging and walking and I am showing no signs of slowing down.
- Emotionally, the cloud is starting to lift and I don’t feel as sad as I did when I first started this process.
- Because I’ve eliminated the distraction of watching TV, I have written the first draft of my 2nd ebook, which I plan to launch as soon as I complete the edits and receive the cover design. I AM SO EXCITED about it!
So, there you have it, a quick recap of how my wellness program is working. I’d say some pretty cool things have come out of it so far, wouldn’t you?
The moral of the story is this: If you want to feel better, if you want to relieve some pain you may be suffering, if you want to make some changes in your life, you cannot wait to feel better to get moving. The only way to start feeling better is to start doing better and the results of doing so will absolutely change your life for the better!
Your Turn To Share
Do you need to feel better physically, emotionally, spiritually or mentally? If the answer is yes, and I think it is for most of us, what’s the one thing you are willing, able and going to do to start experiencing change in your life?