It’s the most wonderful time of the year. No, it’s not Christmas, but it is New Years Day (Happy New Year) and I couldn’t be more excited. Thanks to my 2017 PowerSheets, my goals and intentions are set and I’m ready to make stuff happen! Now before I go any further, certainly I know there’s nothing magical about this day. Honestly, the way this day is anticipated, you’d think we’d all wake up on January 1st to our goals being accomplished. Nevertheless, there is an air of freshness about the start of the new year that excites me and gives me life.
A Goal Not Written Is Only A Wish
We’ve all heard the sayings, “a goal is a dream with a deadline”, “failing to plan is planning to fail”, and “a goal without a plan is just a wish”. I can’t imagine going through life without written goals. I love setting goals each year and making plans to slay them and this year is no exception. Normally I pull out my journal and jot down the things I want to accomplish. Thinking through my life helps me to identify what I want to achieve in each area of my life. I set deadlines for when I’d like to accomplish them and write down all the action steps I need to take to get me to the goal. Finally, I check off each goal as I accomplish them, which gives me the absolute best feeling.
PowerSheets Guide You To What Matters Most
This year is a little different. I’m focusing more on the things that matter most rather than accomplishing goals for the sake of accomplishing goals. You see, back in November, I ordered PowerSheets from the Lara Casey shop and they have totally changed my approach to goal setting. In the words of Lara Casey, “PowerSheets help you uncover purpose-filled goals and plan action steps to make what matters happen”. I love the guided process of walking through the PowerSheets because I have been able to:
Hone in on the priorities of my life by discovering what really matters most
- Getting healthy and repairing my body
- Being authentically ME…being honest and true to myself
- Practicing self-care on a daily basis (in small yet powerful ways)
- Forgiving and letting go
- Learning to be still and calm
Get messy and toss out the need to be “perfect”…progress is the goal
Name my fears so that they no longer have power over me
- Fear of the responsibility of success
- Fear of giving God full control of my life
- Fear of losing love
Define what success means to me
- Success to me is being me without apology. It’s moving out fearlessly on what God has gifted me to do regardless of what others may say or think
Think about the lessons I’ve learned in 2016
- I’m much stronger than I thought I was
- Forgiveness is healing
- I can take a licking and keep on ticking
- I am a survivor
State what I will say “yes” to and what I will say “no” to in 2017
- I will say yes to: Feeling the fear and doing it anyway…letting go of mental, physical, emotional clutter… moving my body more…birthing my ideas and projects
- I will say no to: things I have no control over…debt… comparing myself to others…perfectionism… procrastination…social media (outside of scheduled times)…fast food
Identify what fires me up so I can incorporate more of it into my life
- Writing, blogging, journaling
- Inspiring others
- Quiet times alone
- Learning new things about blogging, business and marketing
- Facebook Live
Claim my word for the year
- EXECUTE!! I realize I have to stop planning, planning, planning and start doing!!!!!
Working through the groundwork was very powerful because it helped to lay the foundation for setting my goals for 2017. The most exciting thing about the PowerSheets is that each month there is a “Tending List”, which keeps you focused and on track with monthly, weekly and daily goals. I can honestly say that coming into this year I feel clear and equipped to crush my goals. The PowerSheets have definitely given me the power to make what matters most happen!!
Your Turn To Share
What process or tools do you use for goal setting?