Thirty-one days ago was the start of my self-imposed 31 Day Challenge. I
wanted needed to be consistent with my workouts to 1) re-establish working out as a habit 2) to get my MIND back in the game and embrace this as a part of my lifestyle. So I set a goal to walk 2 miles every day for thirty-one days straight. Well today was the last day of the challenge and all I have to say is…it’s amazing what happens when you put your mind to do something for 31 days consistently!
Over the course of a month I have:
- Walked 70.58 miles
- Took 159,026 steps
- Burned 11,951 calories from walking
- Lost 8 lbs.
Not only was walking my daily goal, but also:
- Cooking and eating from my own kitchen – which I did 95% of the time
- Drinking more water – I drank at least 100 oz. each day
- Blogging – which held me accountable and kept me pushing
At least 30 out of the 31 days I had to PUSH myself through:
- Wanting to sleep late
- Blisters on my feet
- Back pain
- Laziness (Just plain NOT wanting to do it)
- Tight work schedule
But I did it! It wasn’t easy, but I got it done. I wasn’t perfect. Heck on some days I felt like I was barely moving. But I made a commitment to myself to do it, I focused on being CONSISTENT and it paid off!